zaterdag 25 april 2015

Onesiedresses, I'm in love

Do you know them: onesiedresses? I've recently discovered them and I'm madly in love. It almost makes me want to have a little babygirl again. Well, that's not going to happen, so I'll make them for your little ones. But, what makes me love onesiedresses so much?

onesiedress size 4-6 months




What is a onesiedress



Basically it's a onesie with a skirt sewn to it. Very simple to make with a bought onesie and a piece of fabric. But that's not how I make them. For me a onesiedress is a dress with a onesie bottom piece hidden underneath the skirt. And that is how I make them. It gives a much nicer result. 

A dress with an onesie bottompiece





Versatillity of onesiedresses


 And that makes them so versatile. They can be made in all sorts of varieties. Just the bodice has numerous ways to vary with: different kind of sleeves, closure on the back or shoulder, with of without collar.  
And then the skirt, lots of variety possible here. Short or longer, there's a variety in width, all kinds of pockets and different fabrics are possible to. 
Because of the little pieces a onesiedress consists of, I can use little pieces of fabric that are left over from bigger projects I've made. Since I'm very reluctant to throw away pieces of fabric, it makes me very happy to be able to put them to good use.  

onesiedress size 2-4 months



Comfortable to wear


Most important is that a onesiedress is very comfortable to wear. No blouse or shirt that curdles up or under a little one that lies a lot. The diaper is always neatly covered wich is nice for an active toddler. And a diaper change is easy with the snaps in the crotch. With a pair of leggings the onesiedress is also suitable for cooler weather.



An onesiedress for every occasion


For every occasion there can be a onesiedress made. They can be simple for everyday wear, or very luxurious for a festive occasion. They can be sporty or very girly girly. I've lots of ideas, so new onesiedresses wil pop up in my Etsy shop regularly. The first ones are now listed and ready to ship. 


A sporty onesiedress with a skirt made of summersweat


Don't miss anything and keep updated


Be sure you don't miss all the lovely new fabrics and patterns I buy and the new items I make of them. So follow this blog and/or my facebookpage and keep updated. You can also put the Kleurig & fleurig Etsy shop on your Etsy favorites list. 

See you soon on Etsy!!!


Greetz, Astrid





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten